Eating a salad equals eating healthy, right? Well, you would probably think that it is so, but is it realy truth? Is every salad a healthy salad? That is quite difficult to say with all the dressings and toppings you can now get. Therefore, let us have a look at some biggest salad mistakes that we all make! Shall we?
- You think that when you go for fat-free dressing, it will save you. Well, that is not true. Fat-free dressing are usually loaded with sugars, so, they may actually be even worse for you!
- You are having Mexican-inspired salads, with tortillas and sour cream or shredded cheese.
- You sprinkle your salad with bacon bits.
- Instead of having regular nuts, you have candied.
- Using dried fruit to sweeten your salad.
- Having some croutons with your salad.
- Instead of having a salad, you have a wrap. And you think that it is the same!
- Having too much of the healthy stuff.
- Having fried meat with your salad. It would probably be healthy to have no meat at all.
So? Are you having salad for lunch?