If you want to get a good job, you need to have a good resume. And in order to get a good resume, you need to avoid the stupid mistakes that many people make on their resumes. But how should you do it if you do not know what these mistakes are? Well, luckily, we have a list for you!
- Get the length right. Do not make your resume too long, but also do not make it too short. 1 – 2 pages will be just fine.
- Do not forget to keep it simple. You need to write paragraphs that are short, but that contain all the important information. Do not write am mini essay.
- Do not use too many words. Be straight forward. Only write what is necessary. Remember that you are writing it for the personalist.
- Do not give too little information. You should describe what your responsibilities were on your previous positions.
- When writing a summary about yourself, try to keep it personal. Do not write things that everybody writes.
- Do not forget to update your resume every now and then.
- And, do check the spelling. You have to have it right, otherwise no one will ever hire you!
Well, good luck with searching for a job.